So you ask yourself what should I as a business owner look to have on my website when I am building it or giving instructions to somebody to build it for me.Here are the 14 things you want to make sure that are on your website to make you your business the best, beat the competition and help to make you successful.
1. About Page – Most websites seem to have an about page which is great.
An about page is quite important it allows the users to get to know you on a personal level and people really do prefer to work with companies where they can get to know the faces behind them.
Even adding company photos to your about page works, such as photos of each team member and little bit about them, but nothing too corporate add their hobbies this all helps them get to feel like they can trust you.
2. Newsletter Sign-up Form – If you have a monthly newsletter that you send out (and if you don’t you should!), then you should look at adding a sign-up form to your website.
You should also look at incentives to encourage people to sign up to your newsletter via your website, such as offer a free eBook when they sign up or a discount code to use on your products, this can make all the difference by giving them the incentive to choose you.
3. Mobile Friendly Did you know that more than 60 percent of internet users access online content through mobile devices?
What does that mean for you? Your website must not only be accessible on mobile devices, but also respond to them.
In April of 2015, Google updated its SEO algorithm to include mobile responsiveness.
Basically, if your website isn’t mobile friendly and your competitor’s is, they’ll show up in Google search results before you do—and we all know the importance of Google search results.
Besides being a big no-no in Google’s book, not providing a mobile-friendly experience is extremely frustrating for users.
This really is true personally I have noticed how people who I have built websites for say I will have a look on my phone later to see what you have done so when building all ways check to see what it looks like on PC, tablet and mobile this is available on most website building sites including WordPress.
If visitors can’t call you or easily find and read your content, they may just abandon your site altogether.
4. Visual Impact Visuals help move a user’s eye down the page, and also break up text-heavy content.
Visual information, such as graphic sand pictures are processed 60,000 times quicker than written information.
This could be the deciding factor on a user leaving your website or sticking around.
Within the first few seconds, you want a visitor to be compelled and drawn in by your website High-quality images are a must for websites.
Pix elated visuals are hard on the eyes and don’t complement any design.
.Also, use images consistent with your brand and content. Just because a visual is processed more quickly, doesn’t mean it will make up for the confusion it causes if it’s irrelevant.
Your graphics should drive home your message…not end up producing more questions.
5. An Automated Marketing System Digital marketing can take up a huge amount of time – particularly if you’re running a small business and need to split your time between a large number of responsibilities.
That’s why taking on an automated marketing system to assist you in promoting your company website is a huge help in terms of increasing online visibility.
Automated marketing systems are essentially just browser-based platforms that companies use to pre-load marketing materials to be distributed on a regular basis to existing followers.
The most popular form of automated marketing system is social media. Platforms like Hootsuite enable you to integrate all of your social media channels from sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, MySpace, WordPress, TrendSpottr, Mixi and more, so your company’s entire social media marketing mix can be viewed on one, intuitive dashboard.
From there, you can pre-schedule posts promoting web pages on your site, new products, blog posts or anything in between – weeks in advance. As a result, you don’t have to waste time every single day promoting your website via social media.
6. An SEO Plugin If you want your website to be found by potential customers, you need to do everything within your power to make sure you’re being found on search engines. To do that, you need to have a serious think about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). SEO is the practice of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic your website is receiving through organic search results. That practice is essentially dominated by taking a look at all of the factors that search engines like Google and Bing use in their algorithms to decide which websites are ranked above others for a given search term – which normally include the relevance of page titles, metadata, domain mentions, the types of websites your pages are linking to and much, much more. Improving your SEO is one of the 21st century’s most difficult and testing games of trial-and-error. That’s why small business owners are justifiably turning to SEO plugins that automatically carry out this tinkering for them. Plugins like Yoast SEO are easily integrated onto a wide range of business websites, and are capable of carrying out SEO health checks on your website to let you know how your pages are performing and where they could be improved. It allows you to customise your meta descriptions, test pages based on target keywords and uses an easy-to-understand traffic light system to let you know how different parts of your site. 7.Story Telling Brand loyalty is very important for your company, hence it is crucial that the customers should feel connected to your brand. Ensure that your website tells the story of your brand and company, so that the customers can relate to it. This will help in adding a personal touch to the website and making a lifelong impression on your visitors.
It is time to showcase the awards, certifications or any associations that you have received to your existing clients and potential clients online.
Why not take little advantages of the hard work you have done and the recognition that you have received in your industry or business niche.
Awards, certification or any other associations, they speak lots about the quality of your work to the world for you. This help you to gain the interest of more potential clients.
9.Use Real Photos when possible. Stock photos are too generic and too fake to make a meaningful impression.
Having a secure website is an absolute must in this day and age.
Cyber security is something that audiences care more and more about,and should therefore be something that your business takes very seriously.
A poor security protocol poses a risk to you, your customers and your partners. A single breach of your website could end up being a killing blow for small and medium businesses.
Your site should definitely have an SSL certificate an SSL certificate is a means to verify the source of web pages, domains, and open the door to information exchanges and electronic financial transactions.
11. Clear Objective and Purpose.
When developing your website you should firstly be clear on what you want it to achieve for your business and what is its purpose.
12. A Fast Load Time
Research has been seen to show that 1 additional second of load time reduces conversions by 7%
Improving page load speed improves conversions for your business.
Use free tools like
Dont forget to include:
Contact Names -Email Addresses-Web Address and most importantly your Telephone Numbers-Landline and Mobile.
Its amazing that many big companies hide these away in tiny print in the deepest depths of
Use Video to create a relationship with your site visitors.
Videos can convey more about your business and Answer guests questions like no other media.
Google loves video and dont forget You Tube the Worlds second biggest search engine is owned by Google hence video use throughout your site will help your ranking in the search engines. We highly recommend you read They Ask you Answer by Marcus Sheridan who used video to rescue is failing business to great effect.
We hope you find this useful should you need any help with your website please contact
Philip or Tristan Lomax at Norfolk Web marketing Services